Wednesday, August 29, 2007

setting an example

ok... so I have on demand now and thought I would see what they offer in the exercise dept. I have to say I am soaked and need to get my gross arce up in the shower but the motivation is here for a good blog so here I am stinking it up and not looking too pretty!

as I am doing my "start it up" work out from the TV, my son comes along and starts irritating me because he is in my bubble of space and I am trying to focus... I shoo him away... "back up!!" I am really wanting to quit at this moment in time and "Debbie" my instructor starts with the push up section. Yeah right I said...

next thing I hear my son... you can do it mama (yes, he is 10 and maybe a little too old to be calling me mama, but I love it when they do) and that was all i needed to hear. I finished it, at my own pace... which will get better as I continue on but I was happy to know that what I was doing was positive for my kids...(as they sat on the couch and watched!!! LOL)

it is progress peeps! and steps in the right direction and that is all I can ask for!

4 comments:

J Duarte said...

Great Job! Im so proud of you Cathy for sticking with your planned exercise! It's a good feeling when you have family support.

I'm happy to report today I feel much better to say I want to get back on track. Full speed ahead!

Cathy said...

thanks J D! I am glad to hear you are feeling better and ready to go. I have done well today but for some reason that DQ Blizzard was calling me... I didn't answer of course, but for the first time in 5 weeks I have had some serious struggles with wanting to indulge!

J Duarte said...

Yikes DQ Blizzard is a no no haha
Good for you for resiting temptations.

Here is a little info on DQ

Best Bets - DQ can be a serious danger zone for calorie counters. Some stores stock the no-sugar-added, fat-free novelties DQ Fudge Bar and DQ Vanilla Orange Bar (50 - 60 calories). But if it's gotta be ice cream eaten with a spoon, stick with a small serving of their reduced fat soft-serve ice cream. Each half-cup serving has 140 to 150 calories and 5g fat.

Better Beware - Their No Sugar Added Dilly Bar (a chocolate-coated serving of their reduced fat ice cream) still has 190 calories and 13 grams of fat. Not terribly high in calories, but the fat count isn't exactly great.

Ice Cream Shocker! So many shockers, so little time. The worst offender here is their Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard. A small one clocks in with 720 calories and 28g fat, and a large one will cost you 1,320 calories and 52 fat grams!

Cathy said...

wouldn't you know it...

choc. chip cookie dough is my favorite! NO DQ for me that is for sure...