Tuesday, August 21, 2007

1st Goal Accomplished

I have set a goal of 12lbs a month. I have one more week to go to finish my first month so next week's weigh in will be money in the bank. I am very excited about that and excited about the fact that 12 icky pounds have left me. Positive thinking is winning the race here and there is just no looking back. I have a bit more to go so not a lot of people noticing after all it is only 12 lbs not like it is the same as 50lbs BUT both my kids did notice when they returned home on Sunday... I can notice in my clothes and my knee especially... for any strangers out there that may happen along this blog I blew my knee out last November playing volleyball and had complete knee reconstruction with a torn ACL. It has been horrible rehabbing and put the extra weight on it! You would think that would have been the "duh" moment for me to get this weight off but NOOOOOOOO.... I was told a few years ago that the weight would come off at the right moment in time for me and FINALLY I have hit that moment. I have never felt so strong about anything so I have no doubts this is it!! well I also had some pictures taken by my friend Ruth who is an awesome photographer. It was not the funnest thing I have done because I had to wear a tight t-shirt to show all the flab....oh joy.... but it will be great to look back on my progress. I will go to her every month for a new shot and at the end of this have a visual journal to show and remember that I am never coming back to this place! No Kobe burger with Gorgonzola cheese is worth being FAT!
Next summer I plan on hitting the linx and getting my golf game up to par and that is going to take getting the girls trimmed down and getting in shape. motivation motivation motivation

have a lot to prove to myself, my kids and "others"

be an active participant in life instead of a bystander!

2 comments:

J Duarte said...

Cathy. don't set your goals to high, the first month you are going to loose some good weight, but once you continue the weight loss after the first month will slow down a bit. I had a goal of 15 pounds a month but so far i can't seem to meet it month after month. what i do loose is 10 pound a month and mantain it if i loose it earlier before the month ends. Don't get discourage, You will loose the weight, it just takes time and your body needs time to heel while you are loosing the pounds. Do I make sense? From what I been reading you have great energy to do this. You can do this! Way to go!

Cathy said...

makes sense... there is no turning back ~ so if I don't hit 12 in a month it won't deter me at all. I am so done carrying around this weight. My knee feels better already just from 15 lbs gone can't wait to see the difference with 100 gone!!!

thanks for the support ~ Cathy