Wednesday, September 19, 2007

the scales don't lie

well I had my first major bump in the road. took about a three day vacay from JC food and gained 5 lbs... well 8 lbs... to prove it. Had lost about 3 lbs prior to the vacation from frozen food, gained that back plus 5 more. I have since lost 7 lbs so it gets me to wondering if the scales were off? I gained and lost a chunk of weight in less than a week? something doesn't seem right with that? anywhoo.. lesson learned! I call it my days to recharge the lifestyle batteries. I am back on it and enjoying it again. I guess it was the break I needed and didn't pay too high of a price since I have since taken it off. Working out is going good. I get a work out at least every 2 days if not every other day. sometimes it is difficult when I am not getting home until 8:30 or 9:00.

So I guess the moral of the story today is to get back on the horse, don't let bumps in the road become sink holes, and just keep working at it. I keep going back to how hard I have to work just to do "normal" stuff because of all the extra lbs. I pack around, I might as well work hard to get rid of it!

onward my peeps!!

2 comments:

J Duarte said...

Yes the scales don't lie. Just like Shakira's hips don't lie.

Keep up the great work!

If it is to be it is up to me! said...

I love Shakira!

Cathy, I hope your week turned around and is going great for you! I had such a bad weekend last weekend that I can totall relate! We'll do this together! When it gets frustrating, knock on my cyber door!

Have a great weekend!