Sunday, September 16, 2007

the battle of the cheesecake.....

so last night was my face off with my cousin's famous cheesecake... the only cheesecake I love! I had a small sized average piece if that makes sense...

but.... I have not ate a whole lot of JC food since Thursday (today is Sunday)... I justified this as "recharging" my JC batteries. I weigh in in a few hours so we will see what the damage is but I feel ready to go again. Not that I neccessarily lost focus, because in those off days, I made some really bad choices, but to my credit I made some decent choices as well...but I am ready for the next 20 to come off. at the party last night I still felt a bit on the outside looking in and I know my weight has everything to do with that. I finally did loosen up a bit and sang a tune or two on the karoke. My cousin and I do a great rendition of Love Shack but my sis (karoke DJ) did not have it so we had to settle for I Got You Babe... we rocked it.

anywhoo... as I was sitting on the outside looking in at times last night I realized that I don't want to be that girl. I want to be the one that is comfortable and that really can come at any weight, so I think it is an internal thing and not an image that others project on me, but one I hold myself to.

Today I have found that internal drive that maybe has been missing for the last couple of weeks. I was starting to go thru the motions with JC, although I have been exercising more (possibly the reason for my success over the last couple of weeks) but I am ready for the full package again and it almost feels like I am ready to start a "new" program at JC.

I have goals and am on a mission to reach those... professionally - personally - and all in between.

2 comments:

J Duarte said...

Awesome! Congrats for making great food choices this weekend! You are on a roll. How was your weigh in? Hang in there you are doing great! It takes time to loose bad habits so don't let a little relapse control your destiny. Glad you're pulling full speed ahead. Cheers!!

Cathy said...

the weigh in was horrible... really paid the price for falling off the JC wagon for 3 days and I really didn't ...wait... honesty... guess I did over-indulge by new eating standards... by old eating standards I was probably right on par!

back on it and working hard...it did not force me to throw in the towel.